Carrot Juice Benefits – Have you ever seen a sick rabbit?
Our orange friends are an absolute staple in the juice cleanse world, and not just because of their powerful carrot juice benefits. To non juice-monkeys, the reasons for this may not be obvious. Our love of carrots also stems from the following:
- They’re delicious – carrots are sweet… not just totally sweet, but also sweet tasting. There’s a reason people make cakes from these things. They’re great for making other, more bland vegetable-based drinks taste great because of their natural sugars.
- They’re cheap – juicing can be expensive and carrots provide a great “base” to any concoction. You can go to any Costco, Sam’s, Wal Mart, etc and pick up a satchel big enough to keep a horse alive for a week… for relatively cheap. Carrot juice benefits extend beyond your innards and straight to your wallet.
- They’re pretty – not so much pre-masticating, but certainly after. Not only do carrots provide a great base taste, but also a lovely color. The bright orange hue should be inviting to even the most vege-phobic.
- They’re simple – chop, rinse, juice… easy as that. Carrots are the low maintenance rock star of the juice cleanse world, as opposed to, say, a mango’s diva-ass.
These reasons are all well and good, but ultimately we’re all here to cleanse our systems. If we prioritized yummy, inexpensive, beautiful, and easy beverages, we’d all just go get slurpees (note: slurpees are made from whatever is the opposite of a carrot). No, we’re here to learn about the healthy carrot juice benefits, and these are plentiful.
First, let’s look at the carrot juice benefits, itemized.
You only need to look at the root word of carotene to know that this root vegetable is power packed with the stuff. Beta carotene is the best known source of Vitamin A and helpful in fighting off a number of diseases. Regarding carrot juice benefits and beta carotene, Wikipedia says “It has also been used to reduce the risk of breast cancer in women before menopause.”
I bet you didn’t know that Vitamin C is short for Vitamin Carrot. Well, that’s OK – don’t be too embarrassed, because it’s not true. But, it should be. Carrots are a great source for Vitamin C, which is known to have many advantages. These include protection against immune system deficiencies, cardiovascular disease, prenatal health problems, eye disease, and even skin wrinkling.
Vitamin B1 (thiamine) is very important to the system and can be found in meats, green leaves, and veggies. It’s essential in processing fats and proteins. The most notable benefits of vitamin B1 are as follows.
- Energy – B1 converts sugars to energy
- Cardiovascular Operation – B1 keeps muscles and nerves communicating properly to keep the heart beating regularly. Heart failure can result in a severe lack of B1.
- Brain Function – B1 assists in keeping the brain functioning properly and aids in improving memory, concentration and stress levels.
Vitamin B2 is among the many carrot juice benefits. B2 cannot be stored in the body and must be regularly replenished. It’s also great in helping to process amino acids and fats. B2 is most famous for the following.
- Carbo-unloading – Is that pile of mashed potatoes weighing you down? B2 helps process carbohydrates!
- Antioxidant – As a powerful antioxidant, B2 helps slow down aging and prevent tumors, heart disease and cancer.
- Energy – Like B1, B2 produces energy by effectively breaking down proteins, fats, and carbohydrates.
- Anit-carcinogen – B2 fights the effects of cancer producing carcinogens.
Carrot Juice Benefits – on the Body
Skin – Vitamin A, Potassium, and antioxidants in carrot juice all contribute to helping keep healthy skin. The skin is hydrated and, skin tones are evened, and tissue growth is stimulated. Elasticity is improved and blemishes and scars are reduced.
Eyes – Carrot juice benefits on the eyes include strengthened vision and improvement with night blindness. Eyes are also hydrated and protected from astigmatism.
Liver – Vitamin A helps clean the liver and rid it of pollutants like metals.
Hair – It’s said that carrot juice helps give hair a beautiful shine and color. Follicles are also strengthened. Some individuals will even shampoo with this fresh juice.
Carrot Juice Benefits – on Disease Prevention
The noted minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and other benefits noted above all contribute to curing or preventing the following.
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Myelin Sheaths